RE: AIESEC Traineeship
Hi!
My name is Andriy Syrotenko. I am coming from Kyiv, Ukraine. I am a trainee here in Mauritius in HSBC Headquarters. I am a trainee in PFS (Professional Financial Services or retail in other words).
I am together with other current trainees with HSBC – Jakub and Sophia – was called to do some adding value exercises for the Bank. In particular, I am analyzing Profit & Loss Statement of PFS to identify key drivers of revenues and costs. The objective is to suggest practical ideas to bring the revenues up and to decrease costs.
For me this is a valuable experience with HSBC for the following reasons:
- I want to get more knowledge of the Bank operations in general;
- I wanted to work as an analyst in-house;
- I will increase my market value by adding working experience with one of the biggest in terms of assets and one of the best in terms of value banks in the (!) world;
- I have really cool, easy going and helpful colleagues;
- I enjoy meeting great, smart and nice people at work. Real professionals and bright individuals.
This is a working part.
To say nothing how much I enjoy the island of Mauritius. Mauritius is something totally different from all of my traveling, working and living experiences. The closest one I guess would be Cameroun, where I spent 5 months of my life at another AIESEC traineeship.
So, the island. I enjoy diversity of people’s backgrounds. You have everybody in terms of race, religion, culture, and ethnicity. For me truly, this is really an experience of how can such diverse population be in peace and harmony, yet enjoying and bringing the island to new heights of development and prosperity.
I admire the natural wonders. I don’t think I’ve ever seen in my life so many beautiful places on such a tiny piece of land right in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Will not add anything else. I will just explore the island as much as I can (By the way, me and Jakub plan to travel around by bicycles. So, if you can hook us up on used not expensive ones, we would greatly appreciate it).
If you ask me about my time here in Mauritius. I will tell you honestly. I am having the days of my life here.
If you ask me whether it is worth taking a chance of going to an internship with AIESEC. I will tell you: No shit. Just do it. It is an experience of a lifetime. Life is what you make it. Make it bright and colorful.
With best regards,
Andriy Syrotenko 14/07/2010
Rose Hill, Mauritius
Немає коментарів:
Дописати коментар